Ludilog is a web platform which makes playing games by email/ forum using vassal easier than
How is this possible?
With ludilog a user can create a game and invite other players to it.
After the "game owner" creates his/her first log file, he/she can upload it to the game page
using the "add a file" button.
Then, each player will receive a notification on the site that something has changed in the
Of course, the notifications will work for the messages that are posted on the game thread
well, so a player does not have to check the game page each time.
The game thread will be writable only by the players participating in the game.
What are the advantages?
There a many, some of these are:
- The game notifications: Whenever someone posts something new on the game thread, all
participating players will be notified.
- The notifications allows for multiple games participation. You don't have to browse
each game page to see if there is something new there.
- The game thread holds the log files of the game, eliminating that way the need for a
file space (like dropbox and google drive)
- The log files a user uploads, sit in place without the need to add a sequence number to
file. Ludilog does this automatically.
- After a long time, the user builds an archive with all the games he/ she has
- A beginner in a game, can freely read and download the log files of each game in order
study gameplay and/or strategies.
- If someone does not know how to play a game, he can always ask for help from the people
have played it.
- Pbf/ Pbem is a rare hobby, but in ludilog you can find people that share the same
in distant play like you do.